Our Response To COVID-19
As an organization dedicated to supporting mental health and well-being, Lionheart Foundation is very concerned for any young person in the community feeling challenged by the uncertainty and stress caused by Covid-19.
In particular, we know there are messages on social media and elsewhere about Covid-19 that can negatively impact your mental health. It is a scary and uncertain time for many so normalizing and validating these feelings is crucial to everyone’s health and well-being. However, we encourage any young person experiencing stress and anxiety that exceeds their ability to cope to reach out to discuss the community-based supports that may be available to you at this time. Our Clinical Director can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, we also encourage you to access the following resources:
- Daily 10 a.m. FaceBook Live event with Lionheart Foundation therapist Tasha Belix Tasha Talks to Teens
- Talking to Children About Covid-19 and Its Impact
- Alberta Health Services: Covid-19 and Your Mental Health
- Text4Hope: A free, daily service provided by Alberta Health Services for anyone experiencing mental health challenges. To subscribe, text COVID19HOPE to 393939.
- The Story Of The Oyster and the Butterfly: The Corona Virus And Me by Ana M. Gomez – Click here to download a PDF
- We Are Hanging Out At Home by Theresa Fraser, CYC-P, CPT-S, RP, MA, RCT – Click here to download a PDF